The Point Wilson Light was built in 1913 by the United States Lighthouse Service. At a height of 51 feet (16 m), the beacon is the tallest on Puget Sound, marking the entrance to Admiralty Inlet. The lighthouse replaced an earlier wooden light tower built in 1879 on the roof of the station keeper's house.
The Point Wilson Lighthouse, located on the north end of Fort Worden State Park near Port Townsend, Washington, is on the National Register of Historic Places and the Washington State Heritage Register. It is one of the most important navigational aids in Washington, a link connecting Puget Sound and the Strait of San Juan de Fuca.
Take the Washington State Ferry Run from Edmonds, WA to Kingston aprox a 40min sailing. Head west along Hwy 104 for 14 miles, then turn right onto Hwy 19 for another 15 miles. Merge onto Hwy 20 N towards Port Townsend. From Highway 20 in Port Townsend, turn left on Kearney Street and when it ends turn right onto Blaine Street. From Blaine Street, turn left onto Walker Street, which will become Cherry Street. Follow Cherry Street 1.6 miles to Fort Worden where the road changes to Fort Worden Way. Enter Fort Worden and turn right on Eisenhower Avenue. When Eisenhower Avenue ends, turn left on Harbor Defense Way and follow it 0.8 miles to the Point Wilson Lighthouse.