Cattle Point RdFriday Harbor, WA 98250
Cattle Point Light is a lighthouse on southern tip of San Juan Island in an area known as Cattle Point, in the Haro Straits of Washington. The first navigational aid on Cattle Point was a lens lantern established in 1888. George Jakle, a soldier who had been stationed at American Camp and had remained on the island raising sheep, was paid to maintain the light. Jakle would tend the light each day and fill the lantern's reservoir each week, using kerosene from five-gallon barrels that were offloaded at nearby Griffin Bay every couple of months by a lighthouse tender.