Crown Point Vista House40700 E Historic Columbia River Hwy
Corbett, OR 97019
Crown Point Vista House was built between 1916 and 1918 by Multnomah County as a scenic viewpoint and rest area for early motorist traveling on the Historic Highway 30. Vista House octagonal stone structure sits 733 feet above the Columbia River. The domed rotunda is 44 feet wide and 55 feet tall with clerestory windows feature opalescent glass in a simple tracery pattern, with similar colored glass at the tops of the windows. Stairs lead from the rotunda to an elevated viewing platform at the base of the dome. The exterior is gray sandstone, with a green tile roof. The interior is extensively finished in marble, even in the toilets. The dome interior has bronze lining.
Crown Point was designated a National Natural Landmark in 1971 and Vista House was later placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
|Vista House Interior - Matthew Roberts|
|Taking a break along Historic Highway 30|
|Glass Windows of Vista House|
|looking west down the Columbia River|
|Looking east down the Columbia River|